0 Comments Published on December 18th, 2014 by Tonya Pierce
Best Paralegal Gift Ideas for 2014
1. Paralegal Desk AccessoriesDesk accessories are a great way to personalize your workspace and make coming to work a little more enjoyable. Buy your favorite paralegal a mouse pad, personalized sticky notes, cup coaster, pencil holder or clipboard.
2. ClothingYou can find a variety of paralegal-themed clothing options from t-shirts and long-sleeved shirts to polo shirts. CafePress has a wide variety of paralegal clothing. Choose something funny and whimsical or something more serious depending on the person.
3. Gifts For The HomeGifts for the home are always appreciated. If your paralegal loves candles, give her a beautiful candleholder with a gift certificate to Yankee Candles so that she can choose her favorite scent. If you are searching for a paralegal-themed gift, you can choose shower curtain, decorative rug, pillow or serving trays. CafePress has a great selection of home items too.
4. JewelryEveryone loves to receive jewelry. From watches and cufflinks to necklaces, charms, bracelets and earrings, you can find paralegal jewelry available from several online stores.
5. Membership to a Paralegal AssociationThis is especially great for new paralegals just beginning their careers. Pay for a one-year membership in a local or state paralegal association or one of the several national associations such as NALA, NFPA or the AAoP.
6. Travel MugParalegals are on the go. They are busy and they are usually in a hurry. Give them something that will keep them going and give them energy to face whatever task is before them that day. An insulated, durable travel mug is a perfect gift. The Billable Hour has unique gifts for attorneys and paralegals. Their prepackaged Survival Kits are whimsical, funny and practical. You can choose from a variety of options to fit your paralegal’s unique personality.
8. Personalized Insulated Lunch BagAdd your paralegal’s name or initials to a very nice insulated lunch bag. Add some unique accessories such as cold packs, a small thermos, reusable plastic utensils and reusable containers. She will appreciate this gift on days when she needs to grab lunch at her desk.
9. A Lightweight SweaterMost law offices can become quite chilly even during the summer when the air conditioner is running non-stop. A soft, lightweight sweater that stays in the office is a wonderful gift for a paralegal.
10. A Day Off!An extra paid day off is something every paralegal will love. However, if your paralegal is as hardworking and dedicated as the average paralegal, you may have a difficult time forcing her to take a day off work. In that case, you may want to consider a nice little bonus in a pretty envelope – a bonus is always greatly appreciated, always fits and is never returned.
And Don't Forget!Whatever you decide to give your paralegal this year, remember that a “thank you” and “I appreciate your contributions and efforts” go a long way throughout the year in making your paralegal feel valued and appreciated.
Tonya Pierce is a paralegal with over 24 years experience in several areas of the legal field (17 years as a bankruptcy paralegal and trustee paralegal).